If you don't want to add it in a parameter then you already suspect that you
are doing something wrong. Using a singleton instead of passing a parameter
doesn't make the dependency not there. It's just obscures it.

I might not fully understand what you want to do but I think what you want is
to have MOM expect a certain interface.
Then have an adapter class bridging the two interfaces.
The pass the wrapped CIF to MOM.