On 07/11/2012 09:08 AM, Shu Ming wrote:
Hi,

I created a VM with from existing template and found that the image of the new VM actually copied the image from the template instead of sharing a base from the template. I am wondering why the new VM doesn't use a new cow image as its image pointing to the base image in template. By that way, all the new VMs will share a common parent image in template and save the space in the storage domain. Is there any other concern not to do this?

Under Resource Allocation did you use Thin or Clone when creating the VM from template? Thin will share the base and just use a cow image. Clone will copy the VM.

Thanks
Robert