reposting to list
---
I know it might seem a bit of a cumbersome process. But installation is
relatively simple nowadays and the API is a lot more stable and safe at the
moment.

Because VDSM doesn't keep any information on the host you will end up having to
develop your own solutions to problems already solved by the ovirt-engine.

You only need to use the VDSM API if you write your own management solution.
But seeing as the ovirt-engine is open source there should be no reason not to
just write the feature you need and push it upstream.