----- Original Message -----
> I think that for the new current XML-RPC API it's OK to add it to the
> getVdsCaps() verb.
> For the new API I suggest moving it to it's own API. The smaller the
> APIs the easier they are to deprecate and support.
> I quite doubt the fields in getBiosInfo() will change half as
> frequently as whatever getVdsCaps() returns.
> I also kind of want to throw away getVdsCaps() and split it to better
> named better encapsulated methods.

Ack.  I just don't understand why not start right now?
Any new patch should improve things at least a little.
We know getVdsCaps() is wrong so let's put the bios info (and anything in
getVdsCaps that makes sense to put with it if relevant) in a separate call.
Adding a call in engine to this new method should be a no brainer, I don't
think that is a good reason for not doing things properly in vdsm, even if
we're talking about the current API.