----- Original Message -----

I already voiced my reservation over the entire concept
of "feature flags".
Proposing we only move to specific introspective verbs
maintained in the subsystem.

Have vdsm.getAvailableStorageDomainTypes() ['gluster']

instead of vdsm.getFeatures()
['storagetype/gluster']

It allows for much higher level of flexibility as the aforementioned verb
can also return other information about the domain type:
For example returning each domain type with parameter information:
{'nfs': {'connect_params': [
        {'name': 'timeout',
         'type': 'int',
         'range': [0, 99],
         'desc': 'Sets the timeout',

So even parameters can potentially be introspected.