Will Glass-Husain wrote:
(Slow motion closeup of arm wave and body shake) Noooo!

Well, I guess you could, but it's really poor practice. When we roll out the security fix for version 1.6 (if I have my way) this will be one of the few non-backwards compatible changes. (you'll be able to flip a switch in the config file to remain compatible, but the default will be off).

Any chance of this getting into the 1.5 release? Is it more of a time issue or is there a reason to push it out to 1.6?

It is a pain in the butt to lock down a server to account for this issue (at least for me, someone does this very rarely).

best,
-Rob

Since this is now in the archive, let me remind readers where they can get more info on this.

Article with examples
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/HackingVelocity

Prevent execution of methods on Class, ClassLoader and related classes
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-179

WILL