Jason Pettiss wrote:
Jonathan at this point about thalf the bandwith of this list is you responding to people while mainly advocating Freemarker and getting annoyed with people for not liking it due to the syntax. Maybe you should go argue with people on the Freemarker user list?

Jason, is anybody forcing you or anybody else to read any of these messages?

If not, what precisely is your grievance?

Because this is a velocity users lists.  And you're not a velocity user.

Well, actually, this is an open, public discussion forum in which anybody can participate. Moreover, nobody, to my knowledge has appointed you as a censor. Now, if you want to advocate censorship, go ahead. I don't know what the proper channels for that are. Ask Henning or some guy like that.

But meanwhile, if I'm involved in a discussion with people, why on earth should I pay any heed to somebody who was not at all involved in said discussion, and who, AFAICT, has nothing constructive to contribute to it, yet keeps butting in telling me to shut up?

You know, Jason, there's a permanent archive of these messages maintained. You should cool off and think about whether you want people to be able to observe this kind of behavior on your part -- in perpetuity.

Jonathan Revusky
--
freemarker project, http://freemarker.org/

Jonathan Revusky wrote:

Will Glass-Husain wrote:

Please don't. Let's keep discussion on topic - no more meta-discussion thanks.

If you'd like to take it to personal mail, feel free.

I'm sorry, Will. That doesn't wash. Chris specifically said that I was engaging in "one-way abuse". I have no idea (and I don't think anybody can have on the basis of his message) what he's talking about. He has stated this in public and should back up what he was saying in public.

Or he can simply retract the statement, that's okay too.

But he should either back up the statement or retract it. These are basic rules of responsible, adult discourse.

Jonathan Revusky
--
freemarker project, http://freemarker.org/

Thanks, WILL