There is a URLResourceLoader that in the unreleased Velocity 1.5:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/velocity/engine/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/resource/loader/URLResourceLoader.java?view=markup&pathrev=385614

On 9/13/06, Duttaroy, Debasish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi
I want to load velocity templates from a http location. Can anyone tell
me if that is possible and if so how should I do it. I do not see
something like UrlClassLoader.

What should be my velocity.properties? Below is a sample from my code. I
am trying to do with file system. Cannot achieve that also.

resource.loader = file
class.resource.loader.description = Velocity File Resource Loader
class.resource.loader.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
runtime.log.logsystem.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.SimpleLog4JL
ogSystem
runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.category=org.apache.velocity
url.resource.loader.root =file:c:/myvelocity/templates

What should I get the template.

                Template template = this
                        .getTemplate("headlines.vm");

But I cannot get the templates loaded.