In one of our environments, we have one Master with one Media, both Solaris. I believe that the tape configuration has changed and is causing the normal strangeness that goes on when this happens (abandoned tapes, tapes mounting forever, etc). Being more familiar with Windows, I could check and resolve this issue without a problem. But since we are Solaris, I'm having trouble verifying the device file is pointing to the right drive/serial number.

Veritas has a technote here: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/193280.htm but that is the extremely lengthy way to do it.

Can anyone offer suggestions on a quicker way to verify the configuration is properly setup via command line?

Thanks,

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP
Data Assurance Engineer
(281) 584-4693