We also use Aptare.  Have been for two years.  Excellent for historical reports and daily status.  The only time we use NBConsole is to
drill down for certain types of errors, such as to identify a media problem.
=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Infrastructure Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Ambrose, Monte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

01/26/2006 04:28 PM

"Hindle, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc
Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring

Greg

We use Aptare Storage Console http://www.aptare.com/ and find it to be the best monitoring tool on the market.  We did an extensive POC bakeoff with (Symantec) CC Service, Bocada and Aptare.   Our NOC uses the command center dashboard in the product to monitor all masters.  Feel free to reply with your phone number if you want any details.

Monte