I understand your point Bob, but tend to agree with most of the other comments. Turning this into more like the sunmanagers list would completely change the dynamic. I think it's valuable to be able to see all responses as people work through a problem together. This is a fantastic mailing list and I really don't want to see it changed.

The way I avoid the overflowing inbox issue is that I subscribe to veritas-bu from gmail, and use a filter to move all veritas-bu messages into a folder and archive them. gmail's search features are fantastic and it greatly increases the value of the information in this mailing list.

I believe I have over 18 months of veritas-bu messages now in my gmail box, all easily searchable, along with several other busy mailing lists, and I'm still under 10% capacity.. Plus, I don't have to read or delete each and every message. At the moment, my veritas-bu folder has 950 unread messages, which I can read if/when I need to.

I appreciate that not everyone can access gmail from work, but if you can, I highly recommend it as a receptacle for this and other similar mailing lists.

The other option is moving to a forum type thing, which, as mentioned, has been tried before and didn't work out.

Cheers
Dean