> [...] As far as the person
> who said the window should be shorter than your backup time, I have to
> respectfully disagree.  You really just need to make sure that your

Assuming you are referring to

> 10.  windows should be shorter than the backup.  Since it isn't
> frequency based it will re-run if given the chance.  268400.

perhaps I could have explicitly stated that everything in the note
applied to calendar-based scheduling.  And 268400 is the technote
reference to which the interested reader can refer for the details.

> frequency is set longer than your backup window or you will start two
> (or more) jobs within that period.  Than again, that might be
> what you['re] after

Of course.  Common solution for any user who has faced a
more-than-once-daily requirement, and well-documented in the SAG--at
least for the last couple of releases.

> network delay (for whatever reason.)  I'm not skimpy with any of my
> backup windows - especially over the weekend when no one really cares
> when the backup fires, as long as its done by Monday morning.

I'm a huge fan of max windows, every-day windows, and spreading the load
by schedulng fulls on a frequency requirement rather than specific days
of the week.  That's often a tough sell, of course, and
business-requirements dictate whether it's feasible.  Easier to sell
when first formalizing SLAs and redesigning from scratch, but that's
another topic.