Title: Message
Greg
There is good advice in the manuals, however to understand it a little better............

Within your storage unit, you probably have multiple drives defined. In this example, lets say you have 2 Tape Drives. In the properties of the Storage unit, you can configure how many jobs are multiplexed onto the drive. this will tell NBU it can multiplex onto any single "drive" within your storage unit configured".

I think the Max you can have is 32. NBU sends multiplex backups from one or many clients to a single drive and this is then backed up to media.

Within your POLICY, in the Schedule, you can configure how many streams you want multiplex into a drive as well :-)

So, lets assume you have a Policy with 8 streams and you want to use TWO Drives.... configure the schedule to Multiplex 4 streams onto 1 drive - thus 4 streams written to drive 1 and 4 to drive 2. (assuming the drives are free otherwise they queue).

That is my basic understanding of it!

Does this help?

Regards

Simon Weaver