Does anyone have any experience turning off SCSI Reserve / Release in
NBU 6.0 with NDMP SSO?  I have 24 LTO-3 drives sharing between a local
Linux host (NBU 6.0MP4) and 11 Celerra data movers, which are
configured to *use* SCSI reserve / release by default.  If a data
mover panics and fails over while holding some SCSI reservations,
those particular drives become useless to me (SCSI reservation
conflicts on my host) until I reboot the robot and the host.  Running
a reset from Netbackup fails, as it thinks the drive is in use, and if
I run it from the command line on the generic device, it clears up the
reservation conflict, but the local device paths are still hosed.

Do I still need SCSI Reserve / Release if Netbackup is the drive
broker in this case?  Looking through some of the Celerra
documentation, it says to disable reserve / release if doing dynamic
drive sharing in ARCServe and CommVault, I'm wondering if NBU would be
similar?

EMC and the robot vendor both say to turn SCSI reserve / release off,
Veritas says to leave it on; anyone out there with any experience with
these issues?

thanks.