________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brandon
Zermeno
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 15:51
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] retentions

We had an issue where was server was down for over 2 weeks and the last
full backups expired. The retention for this environment is 2 weeks.
After the tapes expired the App team decided they wanted to restore. Now
management wants Veritas to extend the retention period automatically if
a full is not successfully run. I do not know of any company that has
this capability so I am looking for ideas. I do not think it would be
possible for a person to manually track all the servers and their last
full and then manually bpexpdate the images. I have pushed back with the
question of why was this server allowed to be down for 2 weeks but
nobody is answering.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email may contain confidential and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  Any
review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
notify the sender immediately by email and delete the message and any
file attachments from your computer.  Thank you.