From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:09 PM
To: Maurya, Anil PH/US/EXT; veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] Help in using command line.

Anything that can be done in the NB GUI can be done via command line,
usually faster (with the possible exception of cold building a policy
and schedule set).  Netbackup is very extensible via command-line.  If
it doesn't do what you want out of the box, you can probably script it.

That said, your request is a bit broad.  I have 250 custom scripts
written for Netbackup and just burying you in them wouldn't make sense
(plus at least half are specific to my environment).  I'd suggest
starting with the command line reference guide here:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise
_Server/279299.pdf
<http://entsearch.symantec.com/search?p=R&srid=S10%2d1&lbc=symantec&w=co
mmand%20line%20reference&url=http%3a%2f%2fftp%2esupport%2everitas%2ecom%
2fpub%2fsupport%2fproducts%2fNetBackup%5fEnterprise%5fServer%2f279299%2e
pdf&rk=1&uid=55146446&sid=2&ts=custom&rsc=vA22G2AUThIvfJNV&ed=edn%5f1514
3&method=and&af=cat2%5fnetbackupproducts%3a15143%20cat1%3anetbackupprodu
cts%20&isort=score&filter=entity%5fid%3a15143>
..and just read it.  It's boring to read cover to cover but it's a great
way to see all what's possible.

You also might just search the history of this mail list, I know many
code snippets have been posted.

Good Luck.

I'll forward the pdf from my Veritas Vision presention on writing your
own tools directly.  It was written when v4.5 was the top version but a
lot of it is still applicable.

-M