________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Wilts
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 12:53 PM
To: Major, Rusty
Cc: VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VSP in 6.x

Use VSS, not VSP and you won't have the issues in 6.0.  We've instructed
our Windows admins to always do a custom install and disable the VSS
installation and let Windows do the snapshots.  No more cache files.

Now getting the Windows admins to actually follow the installation
instructions and do a custom install - that's a challenge all by itself.
Whenever they complain to us (Storage) about a large cache file, we tell
them to read the install docs and get it right this time.

   .../Ed