I've seen that action with solaris 10/NBU5.1MP5.  We ended up finding a
memory leak with the bpsched module, sent a memory dump to Veritas and they
provided an update to us.  I suggest the next time it happens that you get a
memory dump and send it in.

Matthew

On Dec 19, 2007 11:35 AM, Hudson, Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  We have seen at least 4 times in the last week where all Jobs Hang and it
> looks like BPSCHED goes away. We must then use the Kill -9 command on the
> Solaris 8 host to kill everything as the bp.kill_all and netbackup stop
> commands are ineffective. Anyone else seen this behavior in 5.1 MP5 ???
>

> Steven R. Hudson
>
> Sysadmin - Enterprise Storage
>
> Iron Mountain
>
> 745 Atlantic Avenue
>
> Boston MA 02111
>
> Phone: (617) 535-2849
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> ------------------------------
>
> * The information contained in this email message and its attachments is
> intended only for the private and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
> above, unless the sender expressly agrees otherwise. Transmission of email
> over the Internet is not a secure communications medium. If you are
> requesting or have requested the transmittal of personal data, as defined in
> applicable privacy laws by means of email or in an attachment to email you
> must select a more secure alternate means of transmittal that supports your
> obligations to protect such personal data. If the reader of this message is
> not he intended recipient and/or you have received this email in error, you
> must take no action based on the information in this email and you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, misuse or coping or disclosure of
> communication in error, please notify us immediately by email and delete the

Matthew C. Agle, MCSA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Define Trouble:  One hundred users standing up in their cubes asking "what
happened" after you change a setting....