On Jan 15, 2008 5:35 AM, Weber, Philip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I understand disk staging to be much improved in 6.5.1 & so am hopeing
> to get upgraded in the next month or so.

It has certainly gotten better in each release.  5.1 wasn't all that great,
6.0  was pretty good, and I don't think we've seen any issues at all yet
with 6.5.1.

My only complaint with the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5.1 is that the .ds files
are no longer being created when an image has been destaged.  We used that
in our scripts to determine how "full" a DSSU really was.  Now I believe the
only way to do it is to look up each image in the catalog and that takes a
*LOT* longer - it's no longer practical to scan the DSSUs every 5 minutes.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]