  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Wilts
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:01 AM
To: Wilkinson, Tim
Cc: VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 MP4, catalog backups stealing tape
from scratch pool

With NBU 6.0, you don't need to do anything special.  Catalog tapes will
be taken from the Scratch pool if necessary and will be put back when they
expire.  Your hot catalog backups have a frequency and retention just like
any other backup.  As the images expire, the tapes go back to the pool
automatically - they're not "rogue" at all.  You don't need to move them
around yourself - just let NetBackup do its thing.

   .../Ed

On Jan 23, 2008 10:42 PM, Wilkinson, Tim