From: Ed Wilts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 25 January 2008 4:00 PM
To: Wilkinson, Tim
Cc: VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] tape limit?

Do you have the right "license" on the SL500?  By default, they appear
to come with a 100-slot license - at least ours did.  We had to purchase
a license, and it was *expensive* to make use of the full 144 slots.

If/when you do purchase this license, you'll be shocked at the
installation instructions compared to the price you paid...

I'm not aware of any slot-based licensing in NetBackup.  I think it's
TSM that has it which is why the SL500 is cheaper when it's restricted
to 100 slots.

   .../Ed

On Jan 24, 2008 10:47 PM, Wilkinson, Tim