This is the quickest way, but not the safest way.

I don't mean to split hairs, but this has bit me in the butt before.

In 4.5, a client did not always create a STREAMS file if the policy was not
marked to Allow multiple data streams.  That was the original reason for the
STREAMS file.
Even in 5.1, you can see some that don't create the STREAMS file.  Also,
Agent backups (i.e. Oracle and SQL) don't create / update the STREAMS file.

Don't delete the policies, move them.

I would suggest this policy for everyone.  It doesn't cost you anything and
can keep you from going to jail if you have to answer audit questions.
(Being someone's "girlfriend" in the big house is not something I want to
do).  Also, how many times have you ever been asked "remember 3 years ago
when we backed up "insert name here"?  What was the frequency and
retention?"

Create a directory named /usr/openv/netbackup/db/Inactive_policies.  It will
be at the same level as "class".

Deactivate a policy when it is no longer necessary (and it will also reduce
your load on the scheduler since deactivated policies are not "computed").
Let it sit for a couple of weeks to ensure that no one needs "another" final
backup to be retained for Infinity + 100 years.

Go into the command line and move the directory for the policy (directory
name = policy name) from /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/SOME_POLICY
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/Inactive_policies/SOME_POLICY.

If anyone ever asks questions about it, you can move it back, refresh your
GUI (very important), and answer any questions.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
423-296-8200