  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony T.
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:37 PM
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1: Disk staging causing heavy fragmentation

Has anyone heard of this issue? I have an environment where NBU 5.1 (plans
to get to 6.5.1 are in the works) is backing up to disk then staging to
tape.
The admins tell me that the area where the backups are going gets very
fragmented after each backup.  It is a Windows box, using NTFS.

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by PAETEC Email Scanning
Services, utilizing MessageLabs proprietary SkyScan infrastructure. For more
information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock,
around the globe, visit http://www.paetec.com.