________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Weber,
Philip
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:30 AM
To: Veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?

We've using Clariion Cx300 with ATA drives for disk staging and
performance is awful; seems to deteriorate over time.  Currently RAID5
LUNs (tried RAID3 which had similar performance and even tested RAID0
which wasn't noticeably better).  I'm assuming the performance issue is
that with lots of different types of backups going to the array, we're
making them jump all over the place, but haven't really found a way of
improving it.