On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:07 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am being told that 6.5.1 includes VMWare support for Master / Media,
> but I have not found any proof of this, so I may raise a call with
> Symantec to get full confirmation.

This is not supported.

The issue is not Symantec - it's VMware.  A VMware guest can not have access
to tape drives, so you're sunk right off the bat.

It you want to test a Master/media server in a VMware guest, and use *ONLY*
disk-based storage units, I suspect that it will work.  No tape drive access
though.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP

If I've helped you, please make a donation to my favorite charity at
http://firstgiving.com/edwilts