On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:12 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My Tape drive is directly conected to media server thru scsi cable.

There's not much hope of a different media server being able to write to
these tape drives.  If you want a system to share tape drives, you need some
sort of physical connection between the media server and the tape drives.

If you have a SAN but don't have your tape drives SAN connected, you could
consider a fibre to SCSI bridge and share those tape drives.  If you don't
have a SAN at all, the costs probably aren't justified.

 *"Ed Wilts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*

> 18/08/2008 16:01
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  cc
> veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu  Subject
> Re: [Veritas-bu] Media server installation
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> wrote:
>
> We have master server with Netbackup enterprise 6.0 running on  solaris 8 &
> two media server having two HPESl 9300 series tape library with four drive
> in each Library.
>
> We want to add now four drive in our our existing Library & connect it to
> third media server.
>
> Please let me know is that possible.
>
> Will this 3rd media server have direct access to the tape drives?  In other
> words, are the tape drives SAN-connected or are they SCSI connected to the
> existing media servers?
>
> If the tape drives are SAN-connected, then what you want to do is fairly
> straight-forward.  You need to purchase the Shared Storage Option licenses
> and then you would configure the tape drives to use the right robot control
> hosts.  You can dedicate tape drives to media servers - one way to do this
> is to use SAN zoning.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]