From: Rosenkoetter, Gabriel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:13 PM
To: Forester, Jack L; BeDour, Wayne
Cc: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] SSO between HP-UX and Windows

SCSI reserve only applies on the host in question. NetBackup has a fancy
scheme constructed for SSO that checks other known media servers' SCSI
reserves, but the protocol itself doesn't allow for shared access.

That means that any host that's not configured properly as a media
server but does see the drives and any process on any host that is
configured properly but isn't NetBackup can screw with drives other
hosts are using.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery