In a nutshell the voldb tracks the physical tapes; where they are in the
library, associated barcode, media type, etc. The mediadb records which
tape is used for what backup, where on the tape it is, etc.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of pitt 71
Sent: 30 September 2008 01:41
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1 Catalogs

Hey guys

I am new to Netbackup 5.1 and have read through the SysAdmin guides and
still a little confused about the voldb and the mediadb. Can someone
break down the differences between these two catalogs and the types of
infomration each one of them holds. In addition, please send me any
detailed information on catalogs in general for Netbackup, thanks.

Robert