-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of scaud
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 03:01: VIRUS ALERT!
To: VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP5 Upgrade to 6.5.2

Hi Randy,

Yes, the problem is there in v6.5.2A as well. The 'A' version just stops
a full backup being run after the upgrade, even if only an incremental
is scheduled. 6.5.2 has changed the way Calendar based scheduling works.
It is due to go back to 'normal' in v6.5.3 (due in Q4 '08 but not here
yet...).

So if you have calendar based scheduling with a window that crosses the
midnight boundary, expect to see 196 errors turn up. Frequency-based
scheduling isn't affected. You can get around the 196 errors by enabling
'Retries allowed after runday' in your schedules but this just means
your jobs restart after they've failed at 00:00:00am. It's not an
elegant fix. Another option is to amend your jobs so only some start
before midnight (enough to have all of them running and un-queued by
midnight) with the rest starting afterwards.

Cheers,

Simon.