Thanks Guys for all your reply.

As suggested, we have applied the patch 7 for the Mcafee 8.5 on our win2k3
media servers, & then we observed for couple of days, the situation &
looks like the patch did not address the issue.

We have not disabled the Onscan protection, as our security folks dosen't
want it to be disabled.

Is there any other workaround or solution on this?

Regards,

suresh_natara...@toyota.com
Sent by: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
12/05/2008 10:01 AM

cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze
the windows server

Hi Folks,

We have a strange problem in our environment, with the Windows 2k3 server,
with the Mcafee recenlty upgraded from 4.5 to 8.5 & during the backup
hours when the no. of backup jobs is high the server is very sluggish in
performance & the most of the backup job fails with required resourses are
unavailable, so many time the jobs also fails with the storage unit
unavailable.

If we stop/disable the Mcafee Antivirus & reboot the server, and then
re-run the backup , every thing works like charm as usual.

We have opened a ticket with the Mcafee & also to veritas, there is no
proper response & point each other.

Do any one face such issue on the windows media server? is there any fix
for this.?

Master server : solaris - Metbackup 5.1MP4
Media server - solaris & win 2k3 5.1Mp4

Regards,

<<image/jpeg>>

<<image/jpeg>>