From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Klebba,
Don
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:31 AM
To: 'veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu'
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone using avamar

We're a netbackup shop running NBU 6.5.2a. We currently have some data
domain appliances that we backup roughly

25% of our nightly backups to. We're looking to go tapeless at some
point in time and were considering getting larger

Data domain appliances to accomplish this. We're also a EMC shop. Our
EMC BURA guys have been pushing their Avamar

Solution to us. I must admit it sounds promising, but I'm a little
skeptical at this solution.

                Has anyone had any experiences, either good or bad with
Avamar?

Don Klebba
Quicken Loans
Storage Management Team
donkle...@quickenloans.com
phone: (734)805-7791

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the
sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.