I am aware that with netbackup I can share a SCSI tape library with a master
and media server and that the server that can see the robot can manage the tape
mount requests.

Is it possible to use backup exec to do this? If i have 2 backup exec servers
and one tape library with 2 tape devices -  can the backup exec server that can
see the robot issue mount requests for the second backup exec server? Or will
the second backup exec server consider itself to have access to just one Stand
Alone tape device.

Am i correct in that the ability of netbackup to do this is what makes it a 3
tier product where backup exec is a 2 tier product and cannot have one server
controlling a robot for mount reqeusts for other servers.

thanks for any info.