Need to run a script on the Master server when each backup job starts.
I tried "parent_start_notify" and found that it only runs for policies that
have "Allow Multiple Data Streams" checked.

It seems to me that there should be some script that can be run reliably on
the master every time a backup runs...  Any suggestions?

??? -- runs on Master when a job starts.
backup_exit_notify -- runs on Master when a job completes.

bpstart_notify  -- runs on Client when a job starts.
bpend_notify   -- runs on Client when a job completes