Greetings-

I have a couple of backup images currently on tape set to expire soon.
I'd like to prevent NetBackup from expiring this media/backup images as
scheduled.  I'll need to restore from the tape, and I thought that
preventing the tape/images from expiring would be easier than importing
upon receiving the tape back onsite.

I've tried to suspend the media, but received the following error:
        Operation to suspend media failed:
                000031: the media is allocated for use(199)

I've also attempted to extend the expiration date on the media with the
following:
        bpexpdate.exe -m 000031 -d 09/25/2009 23:59:59
                Are you SURE you want to change 000031
                To expire on 9/25/2009 11:59:59 PM y/n (n)? y
                Requested media id is in use, cannot process request

Is the only solution to import the tape back into NetBackup upon
physical receipt (after images have expired)?
Thanks!

Nick Snyder
Northrop Grumman
Systems Administrator