Sorry Typo in my first reply Using Powershell ensures EV is "AVALIBLE" for user
and never have to shut down and restart any service's

Kenneth

Org message:

Hi,

In EV 8.0 you should use powershell to do backups.
Meaning powershell command puts EV in backup mode.
Using scripts make sure EV never is unavailable for users.

Here is an example of scripts I use in my test lab:

Setting backup mode

powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1"
set-IndexLocationBackupMode evsite01
powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1"
set-vaultstorebackupmode -name 'Primary VSG01' -evservername ev01 -evobjecttype
vaultstoregroup
powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1"
set-vaultstorebackupmode -name 'Primary VSG02' -evservername ev01 -evobjecttype
vaultstoregroup

Clearing backup mode

powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1"
clear-IndexLocationBackupMode evsite01
powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1"
clear-vaultstorebackupmode -name 'Primary VSG01' -evservername ev01
-evobjecttype vaultstoregroup
powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1"
clear-vaultstorebackupmode -name 'Primary VSG02' -evservername ev01
-evobjecttype vaultstoregroup

Note!! EVSITE01 is the name of my EVSITE - PrimaryVSG01 and 02 is name of my
Vault Store Groups.
When it comes to SQL, use online agent or make a dump script and backup DB.
Make sure backup is consistent.

Kenneth