I just exclude the images directory as that's the bulk of the size. There
are also other configuration files and whatnot scattered all over that I'm
not sure are captured in the hot backup. The size of the rest of the data
is inconsequential to me.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard
Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪
281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪
http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,

"Conner, Neil" <n...@mbari.org>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
01/21/2010 04:50 PM

Veritas List <veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups

NetBackup 6.5.4 on Solaris 10

Since upgrading from 6.0, I’m reviewing my file exclusions for regular
backups on my master server as they relate to hot catalog backups, and I
can’t find much detail in the 6.5 admin guides and or in KB articles.

From the admin guide, the only thing Symantec recommends excluding from
regular backups is the images directory, but I in 6.0, I was excluding a
lot more:

Directories to exclude from regular backup policy (6.0 master):

/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/db/data
/usr/openv/var
/usr/openv/volmgr/database

Directories to exclude from hot catalog backup policy (6.0 master)

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<master>

Can anyone tell me what the correct protocol is for 6.5?

Thanks,