I have a robotic library with mixture of SDLT320 tape drives and SDLT600 tape drives. In my Netbackup 5.1 storage units configuration all the SDLT320 tape drives were configured as 1 storage unit and all the SDLT600 tape drives were configured as another storage unit.

If I want to restore a backup image from the SDLT320 tape media it will always select one of the drives of the SDLT320 storage unit for restoration however I will need to use the drive from SDLT600 storage unit for restoration because my SDLT320 storage unit is always busy.

Please enlighten the procedure to restore from a SDLT320 tape media using a SDLT600 drive.
thank you.

--

*/Regards,/*

Calvin Chen W. K.*//*