On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Ron Jack (Systems Network) <rj...@nando.com
> wrote:

> I have zero experience with AFS, so your post piqued my curiosity. Plus,
> I'm just down the street, so I thought I'd try to assist a neighbor.
>
> Total stab in the dark - try the 5.0 client.

When you upgrade your master to 7.0, you will lose support for 5.0 clients:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/334273.htm

I have no idea if they'll continue to work, but you will lose support
(although I doubt if you can actually get support on a 5.0 client these days
anyway).  The 6.0 Unix admin guide has AFS info:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/279264.pdf.

The 6.0 guide does say:

> AFS is no longer available from IBM and IBM has announced that AFS support
> will end on April 30, 2006. AFS was not tested with NetBackup 6.0 clients
> and will not be supported. AFS will continue to be supported with NetBackup
> 5.x clients running under 5.x or 6.0 servers.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewi...@ewilts.org
Linkedi <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ewilts>