On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Victor Engle <victor.en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So my question is how best to configure the DSSUs with the goal of
> optimized de-staging. I will have 6TB to configure as desired on the
> backup server. If I understand correctly, the more concurrent streams
> allowed to the DSSUs, the slower the de-staging because of interleaved
> backup streams.

The DSSU consists of a set of files with each file being a backup image and
you define the maximum size of each file within an image.  There is no
"interleaving".  When you destage, one image at a time goes to tape.

Watch your fragment sizes and watch your disk file system fragmentation...

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewi...@ewilts.org
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ewilts>