Greetings all,

We're observing some significant performance issues with some of our
Windows 2008 SP2 clients.  Backing up to a DD880 VTL, one client in
particular is running at just over 300KB/sec.  Others are running
2-3MB/sec.  The clients in question are all virtual machines running on
VMWare ESX 3.5.0 238493.  Our Windows 2008 clients running on bare metal
are performing well.  Our NetBackup environment is version 6.5.3 on the
master/media server and the client.

We've tried tuning the net buffer size, but that made no difference.  Are
there other things we can try?

We have a case open with Symantec, but I thought I'd check here to see if
anyone else has run into this issue.
--
Jack Forester, Jr.
Sr. Data Protection Administrator

jack.fores...@mylan.com

Phone: +1.304.554.6039
Cell: +1.412.805.5313
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted
with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and
its attachments.  Thank you.