Ed, Rusty,

   Have you noticed if the load on the DNS servers has gone down? I
remember building an HPUX master server with thousands of clients. Our
master server hammered the DNS server. We ended up configuring a DNS
caching server on our own master. It didn't add a lot to the load on the
master, and it severely reduced the network traffic to the DNS server and
almost eliminated the load on the DNS server.

   I haven't run with 7.x yet and since we are in process of building out
a 7.x Linux master server I was kind of curious to see if this was still
an issue with 7.

      Thanks,
      Bryan

Ed Wilts <ewi...@ewilts.org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
02/09/2011 10:01 PM

rusty.ma...@sungard.com
cc
NetBackup Mailing List <veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server