From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Lightner, Jeff
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 6:03 AM
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Quantum's DXi Series of Dedupe Appliances

We have run the DD460 and DD690 (and continue to run the latter).   Back in
November we got the DXi 6500 to replace our two DD460s.

Performance wise I really like the Data Domain products - they do the
compression they promise.   So far I've seen nothing with the DXi 6500 that
leads me to believe it isn't just as good.   We use it for our main Production
(4 TB) DB and other large backups.   The PROD backup is finishing in a window
shorter than it did on the DD690.   We went to the Quantum stuff as part of a
big data center move that gave us better pricing for the DXi than we would have
gotten on a DD not for any technical issues with the DD itself.