We still bring back the 4.3.3 systems back at our DR exercise, but we use
mksysb for restoring the operating system.  From there, we use NBU for the file
level restores, which do work.

-----"Martin, Jonathan" <jmart...@intersil.com> wrote: -----
To: <scott.geo...@parker.com>, <VERITAS-BU@MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU>
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <jmart...@intersil.com>
Date: 03/31/2011 08:17PM
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media

  Have you tried recovering an entire operating system with the 5.1 client and
7.0 master? I&#8217;m currently planning our upgrade to 7.0, and most of my 5.1
Windows 2000 I will convert to VMware ESX backups, but I&#8217;ve got a few
Windows 2000 non-vm, HP-UX, and Sun OS machines with 5.1 clients that I will
have to test. I won&#8217;t be able to test recover of the HP-UX and Sun
hardware because we don&#8217;t have spares.

  -Jonathan