Symantec supports the current and two major revisions back of the client.
So, in your case, 7.0.x will support  7.0 clients, 6.5 clients and 6.0
clients. This isn't to say this will not work, and even Symantec states
that though it's not supported, it still may work just fine. In fact, if
it's working fine now, I would expect it to work just fine going forward.
We have several older clients that have run or are running legacy versions
and haven't had any issues. If you need support, you will probably get the
response of "Please upgrade the client first".

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard
Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪
281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪
http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,

Kevin O'Connor <kevin.ocon...@esbi.ie>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
03/30/2011 05:42 AM

<veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media

HI,

Does anyone know of issues with backing up a Netbackup 5 client (MP6) on a
Master and Media server running 7.0.1 ?

We have a customer being very obstructive to an upgrade and did so also
when we upgraded to 6.5.
We will get it up to 7.0.1 but I just want to make sure there are no
problems or if there are issues I can tell them in advance what may happen
while it still runs 5.0 MP6.

The client only gets a flat file backup of the C:\ D:\ and system state
and is running Windows 2003 SP2.

Thanks
Kevin

Storage Administrator
ICT Group
ESB
An timpeallacht? - Smaoinigh air sula bpriontáileann tú an r-phost seo.
Please consider the Environment before printing this email.

* ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** *
Tá an t-eolas sa ríomhphost seo agus in aon chomhad a ghabhann leis rúnda
agus ceaptha le haghaidh úsáide an té nó an aonáin ar seoladh chuige iad
agus na húsáide sin amháin.
Is tuairimí nó dearcthaí an údair amháin aon tuairimí nó dearcthaí ann,
agus ní gá gurb ionann iad agus tuairimí nó dearcthaí ESB.
Má bhfuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí earráid, ar mhiste leat é sin a chur
in iúl don seoltóir.
Scanann ESB ríomhphoist agus ceangaltáin le haghaidh víreas, ach ní
ráthaíonn sé go bhfuil ceachtar díobh saor ó víreas agus ní glacann
dliteanas ar bith as aon damáiste de dhroim víreas.
Cláraithe an Chomhlachta: http://www.esb.ie/companies

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not
necessarily represent those of ESB.
Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not
guarantee that either is virus-free or accepts no liability for any damage
sustained as a result of viruses.
Company Registration Information: http://www.esb.ie/companies