Hmm what about MSDP? Not available for AIX as an example.

Urs

From: Girish Jorapurkar
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:25 AM
To: VERITAS-BU@MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU ; scott.geo...@parker.com
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP-UX to AIX migration

      > Linux is the primary development platform now.

      That's not true. Symantec NetBackup has tier-1 platforms which are
treated equally: Windows x86, Windows x64, Red Hat, Suse, Solaris Sparc,
Solaris x86, HP-UX, AIX.

      AIX and HP-UX, sometimes, divert from - what I would call - standard UNIX
behavior (Linux and Solaris world). That introduces challenges and exposes
platform-specific bugs.

      Most of NetBackup code is platform independent. So, preference of
platforms comes only when we are writing platform specific (OS/kernel,
file-system, ...) code - which is not very common.

      If you don't mind, please let me know EEB ET number and workaround
case/ET number.

      Thanks,
      /Girish

      --- On Wed, 5/18/11, scott.geo...@parker.com <scott.geo...@parker.com>