bpclntcmd -pn might give a hint to what the problem is, and there is always
the bpcd log in combination verbose = 5 or more in the bp.conf

Make sure you connect through vnetd (13724) in both directions

Have had a similar issue where the problem was the different in time on the
two servers

hope this helps

Regards
Michael