Only on the older 10/100 NIC cards.  They tightened up the RFC when
gigabit came around.  If it don't autoneg, something is wrong.

From:
"WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.wea...@astrium.eads.net>
To:
"Patrick" <netbac...@whelan-consulting.co.uk>,
<veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
Date:
09/27/2011 03:12 PM
Re: [Veritas-bu] HELP!!!!
Sent by:
veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu

Would it not be better to hard code the nic speed than auto/auto ?
Simon

From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu [
mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Patrick
Sent: 27 September 2011 15:17
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HELP!!!!

I have cleaned up some of our ?DNS? problems, although they were not the
clients in question, and will see how it goes tonight. It also turns out
that the medias servers had ?files dns? in /etc/nsswitch.conf whereas the
master had ?dns host?. I?ve changed the master to match. They also changed
the NIC cards on the master to 1GB instead of auto negotiate. So we will
see what happens tonight. If it is a problem with hitting the DNS servers
too hard it should get worse tonight. J

Thank all of you for your suggestions.

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.

netbac...@whelan-consulting.co.uk