Nate,

We also have DD670's and currently backup our oracle environment via
Netbackup to the Data Domain appliances using NBU to call an RMAN
script.  However, you can do direct RMAN backups to Data Domain
appliances and we hope to have that configured in the near future.  Data
Domain has a white paper on best practices with RMAN
(http://info.emc.com/mk/get/SDL?reg_src=web&P.ctp_program_execution.Sour
ce_ID=DBM10615-16960).  We plan to change our backup strategy once our
DBA's move to ASM filesystems for our oracle data.  Essentially I
believe that the setup would have RMAN dump its backups to the DD's via
CIFS or NFS.

Thanks,

Mark Glazerman

Desk: 314-889-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to