From: rusty.ma...@sungard.com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 23:35:12 -0600
To: brian_tho...@playstation.sony.com; VERITAS-BU@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup (Virtualized Master & Media Servers)

Hey Brian,
 We have a customer that has virtualized 10 media servers and haven’t seen any
issues with performance. The master is a physical server.
Two things I can immediately think of: Resource contention of the VMs and any
features that move the VMs around to optimize resources (VMware does this with
Distributed Resource Scheduler [DRS]).
 Unless it’s a pretty small domain, and there isn’t a need to virtualize, I
would opt for physical servers. Maybe I’m just a traditionalist.
 -Rusty