From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Simon Weaver
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:19 AM
To: VERITAS-BU@MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore of VM that has RDM's - missing after restore

All
I may have missed something here, but wanted to check...

NBU 7.0.1 and doing full VM Backups, most of which have RDM's

I ran a test today on a VM Guest that has a single 10GB RDM. Performed the
VMware Backups (Using the windows-flashbackup policy) and all fine.
Using the BAR Tool, I see the VM Guest which is fine and I am NOT expecting the
RDM to be present, so I fully understand this!

But when I restore the VM (Overwrite the existing VM, use the same UUID, power
on VM), this works great but the RDM that was mapped is no longer mapped.

Now, I thought that by capturing the VM Guest, it meant that any RDM that was
assigned would get re-attached once the VM guest was restored.

Or have I missed the point?
Simon